The Fruit of the Spirit is evidence of God’s conforming us to the image of Christ. There are no shortcuts to spiritual maturity. It takes time to be holy. Today’s weakness becomes tomorrow’s strength.
Which Fruit of The Spirit would you like to see increase in your life? Here is a compendium of The Fruit:
- Affection for others / love;
- Exuberance about life / joy;
- Serenity / peace;
- Willingness to stick with things / forbearance;
- Sense of compassion / kindness;
- A conviction that a basic holiness permeates all things and people / goodness;
- Loyal commitments / faithfulness;
- Not needing to force our way / gentleness;
- Able to marshal and direct our energies wisely / self-control.
The best wine comes from the oldest, most mature grape vines, nurtured by the grape-farmer through many years and seasons. So it is with us.
Consider Peter. Jesus predicted Peter would deny Him three times, Peter twice insisted that he would never deny or disown the Lord. But he did. But then Peter became the epitome of boldness in the early chapters of Acts. A weakness matured into a strength.
Comments are closed.