Sabbath is a time to stop and focus on the big picture of life. On the most meaningful people and things in our lives. And, most importantly, on our relationship with God.
One such focus is our consumption of the Word of God. Do you consume a balanced diet and practice these spiritual disciplines? If not, use this Sabbath to start.
- Listen to the Word of God: So faith comes from hearing the good news. Romans 10:17 ICB;
- Read the Word of God: Uncover my eyes so that I may see the miraculous things in your teachings. Psalm 119:18 NOG;
- Study the Word of God: Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 ESV;
- Memorize the Word of God: Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalms 119:11 NKJV;
- And, perhaps the most important, meditate on the Word of God: This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. Joshua 1:8 NASB.
Adapted from Final Conquest, Robert Jeffress.