But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5: 22-23 (NIV)
The fruit of the Spirit is evidence of God’s conforming us to the image of Christ. There are no shortcuts to spiritual maturity. It takes time to be holy. Today’s weakness becomes tomorrow’s strength.
Fruit Of The Spirit, A Compendium:
- Affection for others (love);
- Exuberance about life (joy);
- Serenity (peace);
- Willingness to stick with things (forbearance);
- Sense of compassion (kindness);
- A conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people (goodness);
- Loyal commitments (faithfulness);
- Not needing to force our way (gentleness);
- Able to marshal and direct our energies wisely (self-control).