Yesterday was Mother’s Day. Our rabboni brought a message on the attributes of a godly woman. We pray that these qualities are reflected in the women you know.
- A godly woman prioritizes her relationship with God (Deuteronomy 6:5-7).
- A godly woman is known by her love for others (1 John 4:9).
- A godly woman is thankful, joyful and grateful (Philippians 4:8).
- A godly woman models kindness, forgiveness and grace (Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:12).
- A godly woman walks in humility (Romans 12:3).
- A godly woman is diligent (1 Corinthians 15:58).
- A godly woman endures hardship well (Philippians 4:13).
- A godly woman is intentionally relational.
- A godly woman notices and cares for the needs of others (Galatians 6).
- A godly woman is honest with herself and others (Ephesians 4).
- A godly woman walks out her faith in real ways (Colossians 2:7, Ephesians 3:17).
- A godly woman exercises self control (Proverbs 25:28).
- A godly woman is modest and humble (Proverbs 31:30).
- A godly woman shows hospitality and is hospitable (1 Peter 4:9).
- A godly woman makes her house a home (Proverbs 13:1).
- A godly woman loves and honors her husband.
- A godly woman encourages and loves her children.
- A godly woman is a woman of prayer.
This post and the message (Note 1) are dedicated to honoring all the mothers in our lives. Yet, if you have ears to hear, it will not have escaped your attention that these are also the attributes of godly men. Both women and men can aspire to them.
Note 1: Pastor Steve Wells, North Pointe Church, Mother’s Day 2023. The full message is here (begins at 28:55). Highly recommended.